Saturday, November 02, 2013

Keith at Mission Viejo Farmer's Market -- 02Nov2013

Got a late notice to play the Farmer's Market again, but I'm always happy to do it 'cuz it's a paid gig and it's just down the hill from my house.

Only problem with that is that I don't have my usual amount of time to sing in the car on the way to the gig to warm up my voice. So I got there and started with "Hotel California" as I always do, but then I played my go-to "warmup song", which is (somewhat inexplicably since it's not actually that easy to sing), "Rhythm of the Rain". As I was singing it, an old guy came over and was inspecting the CDs on the table. He came over at the end of the song and asked me "Which one has *that* song?" I had to apologize that, although the "Favorites" CD has 25 songs on it, "Rhythm of the Rain" isn't one of them. He was affable about it, and bought one anyway.

Later on, a little girl in a Tae Kwon Do outfit and her parents came by. I started playing my kids' songs, and another family heard that and came over, and the kids were thrilled to recognize me from Spectrum. I did a bunch of Disney songs and the kids' favorites, and then the mom looked at the list and exclaimed, "Oh! Do 'Rhythm of the Rain'!" That was weird.




Click 'Play' to hear the "podcast version". (Fair warning: it's really just me ramblin' on about this gig for 4 minutes.)

No comments: