Saturday, July 26, 2014

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Saturday, 26July2014

It's a long ugly story, but since Spectrum changed the way they book the gigs, this was very likely my last time ever. It started out pretty hot, but there were lots of people out. Not a very responsive crowd, but quietly appreciative, I think.

A lot of my family turned out for the occasion, my brother and his wife, and my wife and kids with the dogs. And my wife's best friend (with dog) who's been promising to come out for a while but could never seem to make it...

Lots of little kids in the beginning, and a girl (now young lady) that I know from the Trailmates program came by on a scavenger hunt. Her team needed to record a 90's love song, so I did "Whole New World" from Aladdin (1992) for them.

Anyway, I'm glad that it was a really good night for my last time. The sound was good, I always had people listening, and my voice was in fine form. I had lots of fun from 11 to midnight singing my best stuff (and the high stuff) for my older daughter, who stayed quite late with me, which was sweet of her.

This gig is kind of a pain, and they treat the musicians poorly, not to mention the $50 charge for the privilege of playing there, but I'm sure I'll miss it.



2 comments:

Warren Allen said...

The end of an era... and perhaps an opening for something new... and better, with any luck at all...

John Johnson said...

True. Doors close and doors open.