Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Keith at Senior Center -- Tuesday, 30June2015

This was my monthly session with the old folks at the Senior Day Care. Of course, I try to play the oldest songs I know, but there aren't that many of them, and I keep thinking that they'll get tired of me. But the people who work there always semi-jokingly say that nobody there can remember what happened last month.

I was supposed to play two weeks earlier, but I completely forgot since I don't have to look at my calendar very often these days. The lady, Nancy, graciously re-booked me, but I never wanted to become one of those "flakey musicians".

To make sure that she didn't have to fret about my not showing up again, I arrived way early. I couldn't set up that soon though, because the room was being used for Bingo. So I had to just awkwardly hang out in the office. Turned out Nancy had nothing to do either, because her computer was "broken". I took a look at it, did a hard shutdown, and it powered back up just fine. She was thrilled and had/got to call and cancel the tech that was coming. That made up, a little, for my no-show, I think.

And to make it up to the old folks, I learned a new song from my Dad's recently discovered Guitar Music binder. It's "Today" (while the blossoms still cling to the vine...), and it went over pretty well. I need to clarify where and what kind of harmony to use, though -- I just kind of faked it.

No comments: