Saturday, June 27, 2015

Keith Plays a Private Party -- Saturday, 27June2015

The wife of a friend of my brother's was planning a surprise birthday party for her husband and they are frequent guests at my brother's house when I do the concerts on his front driveway, so she knew her husband would love my music at his party. It was at a small park in Irvine, and she had it catered and invited about 75 people.

Most of the time, everyone was eating at the big round tables, so I was basically background music again, but most everyone who walked past me to get to the food would give me a smile or thumbs-up, so I could tell that they were liking it, even without any clapping.

One lady liked my repertoire so much that she was about to take pictures of the list (to reference, she later told me, at her frequent campfire sing-alongs). I stopped her and gave her one of the paper copies that I carry in the Magic Bag -- saved her the trouble.

Anyway, it was mostly uneventful, but the lady who hired me must have been happy with it, since we'd agreed on my usual $200 fee, but when she handed me a check, it was for $300.

No comments: