Saturday, July 30, 2016

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 30July2016

I tried to get there early, but the summer traffic jam got me. When I got to The Corner at 6, there was a Digeridoo and Hand Pan band already set up, playing cool weird drone-y space music. Fortunately, they were just about done and turned the spot over to me.

I was near the end of the first verse of "Country Roads" when a kid came by whose dad said that it was his favorite song and that he knew all the words -- so I called him up, "Let It Go" style. And he did, too.

The bubble machine was, of course, a big hit. One family stopped and the kids asked for song after song, but none of them were from "Little Mermaid"! I finally resorted to turning it on for "Over the Rainbow". Close enough, right?

Another family stopped and the dad was completely thrilled that I knew "Moonshadow", reportedly a *huge* favorite of his little boy. But everybody *except* the little boy was stoked to hear it, despite their excited urging -- I think it was way past his bedtime...

Crazy local character David stopped by, with his wacky no-bones dance moves and caricature "business" (he gives them away for free, since he's still learning the trade). Somehow he always arrives when I'm in the middle of a slow mellow song (what are the odds?!?), and his herky-jerky chicken dance doesn't quite work, but he throws it out there anyway. He did a sketch of Warren and I, as shown. I'm sure he'll improve with time.

Anyway, a nice busy day and evening, with lots of people out. Strangely not as many in my Target Market as usual, which affected the audience and tip jar. But we had some fun and made some people happy, and that's what it's about.













No comments: