Wednesday, April 07, 2010

K&W at Borders South Coast Plaza -- 02Apr2010

I usually only play South Coast Plaza on the third Friday (the standing K&W gig there), and this one would normally have been Jim & Warren, but Jim couldn't make it, so I filled in. Maybe I shouldn't have -- my cold had evolved away from the sore-throat phase to the full-of-crud-throat phase, and I had a really hard time singing. It would clear up a little occasionally, giving me (false) hope, so it was kind of off and on.

Anyway, there was a nice lady there right at first who was really interested in hearing us, but she had an appointment to get to, so we tried to play the songs she wanted right off the bat. But there was also a 11-year-old girl there (with her parents) who wanted to hear some songs, so there was a bit of a bidding war going on for our time. That made it fun, and created a good start, but they both were gone too soon, leaving us with the usual only-partly-interested crowd.

There was one guy later on who had a particularly specific set of requests, all great classics that have been on the list for a while, and that I've been neglecting. That was pretty fun, trying to get those de-cobwebbed. Didn't do too bad on 'em, either.

And we must have been doing something OK, 'cuz we made 16 bucks to split, which is pretty good for a Borders gig.

The weird part is that I'll be back there next Saturday (just to have somewhere to play 'cuz Spectrum was unavailable), and then the next Friday for my usual monthly SCP date. An unusually SCP-intensive couple of weeks...

No comments: