Friday, May 14, 2010

K&W at Borders Mission Viejo -- 08May2010

Fun, but short! It was the usual (these days) half-full coffeeshop, but we had several friendly faces out there. But after a while, long-lost cousin Vanessa (and family) came by, and really gave us someone to play for. And not too long later, my brother also arrived, upping the ante even more!

I was torn between playing for her and visiting with her, but she had to leave at 9:00, so we reluctantly took a break at quarter 'til. By the time she broke loose and we started up again, we only had time left for 3 songs, 'cuz they close at 10, and it takes at least 20 minutes to tear down. With the early closing time and the rare "break", I think that's the least I've played in years.

Still, all the attention (from Vanessa's family and Roy) had roped some other people who were left wanting more when we had to quit. They asked about the price of the CDs, and were beside themselves when I told them "Whatever you want to put in the jar" -- this was far too good a deal for the Jewish Mothers Club to pass up! I made Vanessa take a pair of CDs, plus a specially-made "Tribute to My Dad" CD that I'd brought for her, but we sold 4 more, presumably a pair to each of the Moms. And did pretty well in the jar, accordingly.

I'd brought a stack of video cameras, and set three of them up to try to catch some decent footage if there happened to be any decent performances. And did, it turned out. My new cutting between several camera approach really makes the videos more fun to watch (if 10 times the work to produce), but it really shows the difference in quality between different brands of cameras! When it cuts from one camera's output to another, you can really see the color and sharpness differences -- although I can minimize it some in the software.

Anyway, you can check some of the new videos out on my webpage. Click the "Videos" tab. The "Hallelujah" and "Let It Be" takes at the bottom are from this outing.

No comments: