Monday, May 31, 2010

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- 29May2010

Nice and warm, finally, and well-attended. Unfortunately, the warmer it gets, the longer I have to endure the screaming kids that parents bring to play in the fountain. It's really becoming what we had as the "city pool" when I was a kid. I don't begrudge them getting to "play int he sprinklers" on a warm summer evening, but I wish it wasn't so close to where I'm trying to play.

I did have some friendly people, and some definite admirers. One Persian family was there almost the whole night -- they were there when I got there, and left around 9:00. They didn't interact with me much, but the kids asked for a few songs later on. The ancient gramma, with her walker and brought-along camp chair (so she wouldn't have to sit on the metal ones), had the dad ask me to play Lionel Richie's 80-s hit, "Hello". I only just learned that one (because of it's showing up in "Glee"), so it's not even on the list. They musta heard it two weekends ago, but it was still quite a surprise to get it requested by 90-year-old gramma.

A guy came up and asked if I knew any "Bad Company", but settled for "Hotel California". And another Farsi-lady asked if I knew any "Bee Gees", and settled for "Lucy In the Sky". At least I'm not *entirely* disappointing.

I set up 5 cameras this time, so when one failed (my fault -- forgot to put a memory card in it), I had 4 streams. This time, my mistake was not pointing the lights at myself (it was too hot when I switched them on!), so I'm just a silhouette against the ice cream store's lights. That's OK, I wasn't terribly inspired anyway, and this saves me a lot of time with the video editing software, not having to create any videos. I still have one or two to finish from last week at South Coast Plaza...

No comments: