Thursday, May 06, 2010

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- 01May2010

It was a nice warm day, and I had a big "dinner crowd" to play for. And with my voice almost completely cleared up, I had a great run for a while there. But when it started to get dark, a cold wind came up and it was pretty empty for the mid section. And then, again, the "night owls" start to show up at 9:30 and I'm bummed to get cut off at 10.

During the empty gap, I fired up three of the cameras I'd brought, but both Flip cameras flaked out on me entirely. I think one of them had a legitimate excuse, 'cuz I'd neglected to delete any of the old videos and it was full (though I sure thought it would hold more than what was on there). The other one is clearly just broken, 'cuz it records for a while and then just hangs. Last time it got (and then lost) 35 minutes' worth, this time it hung in only a minute and a half. Good thing I (a) didn't pay for them, and (b) know the Product Manager, who'll be getting quite an email later today.

So instead, I ended up running my very short recording time camera which puts proportionately more pressure on me to "get it right", which, of course, causes proportionately more non-rightness. I'm gonna have to abandon that approach, 'cuz I end up with no video anyway, and a bad performance to go with it. If there were no cameras at all, I'd have the same amount of video (none) but at least I'd'a had a decent night for the people in the house.

Anyway, I had fun, as always, impressed a few people, and made 32 bucks -- not bad for a cold, windy night. And I might be able to squeeze one halfway decent song video out of the footage I managed to get.

No comments: