Thursday, May 27, 2010

K&W at Borders South Coast Plaza -- 21May2010

A pretty good night -- not a lot of overt audience response (as is usual for this place), but some good performances for the cameras, and we sold all 6 CDs that I put out and took home $14 each, so someone must have liked what they were hearing.

The video equipment malfunction trend continued with my not being able to find the memory chips I needed (I found them later -- they fell out of my jeans pocket in the closet), so I had to use the low-capacity spares, which meant more trouble and less video. And I carefully set one of the cameras perfectly straight, but with its adjustable-angle lens inadvertently tilted at 15% off of horizontal. I'm just gonna pretend that it's "artistic", and not a screw up.

The others were in pretty good spots, with pretty good framing and zoom levels, so there's something to work with there, except that the backdrop is a white porous window shade, facing west into the sunset. The first half of the night is radically backlit, so we're little more than silhouettes. This may also explain why no one would look at us until the last half hour...

But I got some decent stuff in the later parts, so I'll be working those up into multi-camera videos this week.

No comments: