Saturday, August 03, 2013

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Saturday, 03Aug2013

Another nice but kinda quiet night at Spectrum, but I always had some people to play to, and lots of cute little girls came by. (Why are they always my best audience?) I did have a small kids' party at one point, but they weren't really dancing much, so it was just a string of kids' songs, and not my usual kid-oriented dance songs.

But the best part was a family who had seen me before and already owned my kids' CD. I know 'cuz the dad came up and told me so, and asked for "Waltzing with Bears". They stayed for quite a while and the younger sister danced along to a lot of songs. After a while they wandered off, and then reappeared later for more songs and more dancing. When it got pretty late, they left again, but the younger one turned as she left, and "threw me a hug" by pulling her little arms and fists in to her chest, and then pushing them out to me. Melted my heart...

On my way out, one of the security guards told me that I'd done a great job and that he had especially liked "Cat's in the Cradle" from a couple days ago. But I don't actually do that song, so he was either thinking of a different guy or a different song. Thanks anyway...


No comments: