Wednesday, July 26, 2017

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Wednesday, 26Jul2017

Terrific night, seemingly custom designed to make me forget how terrible the previous outing was. I sold three CDs in the first five minutes, which led me to discover that I only had five with me, even though I distinctly remember making "a million" just a few days ago. Where do they all go?

Anyway, lots of people out on this fine summer's evening. Lots of kids to play for, and requests coming fast and deep.

And then suddenly we had a *huge* group of people that turned out to be a big family vacation group from Utah. They stayed a long time -- their kids came up to do "Let It Go" and "True Colors" singalongs, and even the adults were loudly singing along with "Country Roads" and such. They definitely made our night, if not week.

Later on, two college girls were walking by and clearly intended to just keep on going, like 95% of people do. But one of them was roped in by the song that I was doing, and then they liked the next song, and the next, and eventually they went ahead and sat down when their intended blow-by turned into a six or seven song stay. It's always enheartening when I can catch people like that and keep their interest for a while.

No comments: