Thursday, July 12, 2012

Keith in Laguna Beach -- 08July2012

I went down at 4:45 and played for a while in the Acoustic Alley hallway, and did OK, but it started to get really thin around 6:30, so I figured it was dinnertime, and that ought to apply to me, too.  So I packed up, thinking I'd find some dinner and come back and play a little later.

But I don't know the area at all, and just started walking towards the ocean, when I ran into Steven who seems to be down there a lot, so I asked him where I could get a burger.  Being vegetarian, he didn't exactly know, but knew of Johnny Rockets, and thought there was another burger place "further down".  So I started walking north, and had decided to just do Johnny Rockets and get it over with, but it was jammed.  Giving up on that, I started walking, looking for this other place.

And walking, and walking.  Dragging the roller-crate, and with my guitar strapped on my back.  I kept walking, thinking that it would be a shame to give up if it was just on the next intersection.  And then I thought that I might be able to get back to downtown on the free shuttle, so I figured I could go further.  And further.

I never did find it, and there weren't any return shuttles, either.  And somewhere along the way, my clip-on guitar tuner got knocked off, so I had to walk *back* for a quarter of the route, thinking I might remember where I had hit something.  Never found that, either.

I ended up having a gas station muffin and a bottle of Mountain Dew for dinner, sitting on a planterbox in front of a hotel, watching the cars go by on PCH.  A career high, it wasn't.

And when I got back to the street, there were people already set up at the main and secondary corners and the hallway, and it was 8:30, so I just admitted defeat and went home.  I guess they can't all be winners...

No comments: