Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Keith at Laguna Beach -- 27July2012

I wasn't really thinking about going down to Laguna again already, but my wife and daughter decided to go see the new dance movie, and there didn't seem to be much point in sitting home alone…

There were less people out than on Tuesday -- maybe they were all at home watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. But there were still plenty enough people to make it fun, and I brought home $63 in tips.

But the best part was the nicely-dressed lady who came up and stared at my song list for a while, but declined to make a request off of it. Then she told me that she worked across the street at "Chico's", and that they had loved my music and had turned off the in-store radio so they could listen in better. And she had decided to come over to give me a dollar, and say so.

First off, I was horrified to hear that I was loud enough that they could listen in from a store across the street and down one. I guess the crate that the amp is in restricts how loud it seems to be to me, while letting sound fly out the front at unimaginable volume. I'll have to check into that…

But second (and of course I was too dim-witted to think of this while she was still there), it occurred to me that, if they liked me that much, maybe they'd let me perform in or in front of their main-drag store on Art Walk night, next Thursday. When I thought of this, I wanted to go over and ask her, but it was closing time (7:30) and I think she had come by on her way out, and also I couldn't wander off and let someone else snag my prime spot. So now my challenge is to find her again and find out what she thinks of that idea, before Thursday.

No comments: