Sunday, March 31, 2013

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Sunday, 31Mar2013

Pretty great. It was Easter Sunday, so I figured there'd either be a lot of people, or none. Fortunately, it was the former. Tom was on The Corner when I got there, but he assured me that he was almost done, so I only had to stall a bit and then take over. And for his final song (the presumably self-written "Dog in a Sweater", whose title reflects all of the lyrics therein), he had me shoot a video for YouTube on his camera. OK, then.

It was nice to play, for a change, when literally nobody else was playing, anywhere on the street -- not even some kid on the other corner hammering away distractingly, as has been all-too-common lately. And in the late evening when the traffic got quiet, it was almost like playing indoors -- imagine that!

Our friend Silly Patty came by briefly, responding, a day late, to my message on Saturday telling her that I would be down there the day before. She needs to check her email a little more often, but I guess she got lucky that I was there both days.

One vacationing family came by for ice cream at 8:30 or so, and, since they basically had me all to themselves by then, really got into the spirit of making requests, asking for "Dear Prudence", "Don't Think Twice", "You've Got a Friend In Me", "Part of Your World", and finally "If You Could Read My Mind" before they wandered off.

Anyway, not as populated as Saturday, of course, but I pulled in $105. I sold two CDs to obviously-foreign tourists (I'm world famous!), and had an almost-unintelligibly foreign guy ask for "any Beatles". He stood and listened for a long time, then asked for a business card and left saying, "I'll call you". Dunno what he'd be calling me for, though -- and of course, he won't call, so I'll never find out, either.

No comments: