Friday, June 06, 2014

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Friday, 06June2014

When I was setting up, the maintenance guys came and turned down the fountain and turned off the music in the plaza that I play in, as usual. But they left the music in the corridor right ahead of me on, and it's way louder than it used to be at that.

I called the guy, and he said that his boss told him not to turn the music down in the corridor any more. I have a feeling that the only way they can is to turn the music off in the whole mall, so I can understand his position, but it really sucks. Not having much choice, I just went ahead and played, and at least it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

And then I was having trouble with the guitar sound. It was all distorted, so I got out a cable and bypassed the wireless, and the distortion was gone, but the tone was all messed up because I was also bypassing the tone modification box. Ack.

So, after all the trouble, I wasn't much in the mood to play. But I had some cute kids and friendly people come by, and I gradually came around. Right off the bat I had a big rock'n'roll dance party start up. And I got some kids up to sing "Let It Go" this time. And later on, a really nice thing was a group of teenagers who came up and started playing with the littler kids -- initiating "Ring Around the Rosie" and such. Must have been ex-Girl Scouts.


1 comment:

David Johnson said...

Hey Keith, if I ever have grandkids, will you be my babysitter?