Saturday, June 28, 2014

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Saturday, 28June2014

Nice weather, good turnout. Lots of young families, but most of the kids were too young to be brave enough to come up and sing, so I only got one big "Let It Go" singalong going. "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" is also a big hit, and a surprise for the kids since it's not on the list yet. I can also play "For the First Time in Forever", but it's more obscure, so I can only bring it out if the kids are hard core "Frozen" fans.

I was playing "Kiss the Girl" on spec, hoping to drag in some kids or teen passersby, and a little girl came running up out of the crowd, wearing an Ariel costume (I think it was actually jammies). She was pretty thrilled.

And later on I was playing "Let It Go" for some teenagers, when a little girl appeared, carrying her Frozen doll. It's actually both sisters -- you can flip it upside down and invert the long skirt, covering one sister and revealing the other, to change between the two. It was in Elsa mode when she came up -- correctly, since "Let It Go" is Elsa's big number. Naturally, I did "Snowman" next, and the little girl knew that she needed to flip the doll over, since that's an Anna song. Really cute, and a treat for them to be able to participate.

After a couple more songs, her dad gave her a tenner, and told her to put it in the jar and take a CD. She didn't know which one to take, so I showed her which one had "Let It Go" on it. She looked confused and said, "But, I already *have* 'Let It Go'..." I had to explain that, yes, but on this CD, it's *me* singing it.


No comments: