Sunday, June 01, 2014

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Sunday, June 1, 2014

It was a nice sunny Sunday afternoon and I didn't have anything else to do, so I went down. Only played two and a half hours, though, 'cuz I ran out of battery power -- I must not have gotten it on the charger right.

But it was fun. Lots of nice people out. A little girl was sitting on her dad's lap on the bench, looking bored and burned out. I fired up "Let It Go" and she just lit up. That was fun. And of course other people stop when I'm playing that song (or their kids do, so they have to), so I accumulated a little crowd pretty quickly.

So I had people there listening most of the time, and a surprising number of people put money in the jar just as they were walking by, without stopping. And my new, bigger font, "CDs: $5" sign is working really well -- I sold 4. I guess I should have thought of the sign revision a long time ago...

I had played at Spectrum the night before, and there were two friendly guys for a while. And here they were again, wandering by, smiling. And a group of young teenage girls came by and said "Did you play at Spectrum last night?" Yup, that's me. Not a lot of guys out here with this hat.

No comments: