Thursday, May 12, 2016

Keith at Senior Daycare -- Thursday, 12May2016

Now that I'm playing the senior daycare twice a month, I may need to stop reporting on each one because they go pretty much the same every time. Seems a shame though, since I've done a blog post for every gig I've had for the last 14 years.

I did add a new song to the Senior list: "Charlie on the MTA". It's an old Kingston Trio song, and the chords are trivial, though the words go screaming by. Of course, the song sheet has the chords and the words, it does not indicate *how* the song is played in various ways: speed, picking pattern, how the words land in the rhythm, etc. So I started out one way and that didn't seem right so I tried a different way, and something else, and maybe went back to the first way, and kind of stumbled through it until I figured something out.

You know, it's *hard* to have the unwritten particulars of all 370 songs on the top of my head at the same time at any given gig.

No comments: