Friday, May 13, 2016

Keith at Uncorked -- Friday, 13May2016

Another pretty good night at the wine bar. It started off pretty quiet but as more people came it got louder and louder, so I had to.

It seems like the way the night will go is dependent on how recently each group of friends has seen the others. Some groups come in and they apparently haven't seen each other in a long time, so they end up in loud happy conversations. Other groups come in and they don't have much to say to each other (or they're "work friends") so they end up listening to the music instead. It's nice to see the former happy type of group but the latter is much more fun to play to.

My Friday regular guest star Heather was there again. At first she tried to sing "Stardust", but we couldn't find a key that suited her range. I am completely mystified by the vocal range of women. She does sing "You've Got a Friend" in the same key that I do it in, but she must be an octave higher. I guess I'd better Google it...

Anyway that failed big time, so we fell back on our reliable favorite "You've Got a Friend'. Later on I coerced her into singing "Part Of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid". She remembered it pretty well and will do even better next time, I'm sure. It sure makes the owner happy for me to let her friend come up and sing. I just hope that's because she likes to hear her friend sing, and not that she's sick of hearing *me* sing.

Still no sign of the guy who was there a few times ago and asked for "Crystal Blue Persuasion". When I said I didn't know it, and probably couldn't pull it off anyway, he decided to ask for it again and again all night as a running joke. So I learned it (but only the first verse) so if he comes in and pulls that joke again, I got him.

No comments: