Friday, May 27, 2016

Keith at Uncorked -- Friday, 27May2016

Another pretty slow night -- maybe everybody's out of town for Memorial Day weekend?

For most of the night there were just a few people there, and they were more interested in talking among themselves than requesting songs. But that gave me a chance to play some stuff that nobody ever requests, just for my own amusement. Not that they're bad songs, just less obvious, and so less requested.

And then, of course, Heather and her husband came in, as they reportedly always do on Fridays -- and Saturdays for Karaoke Night, and several times during the week. She wanted to try "Since I Fell for You", and did great, though it was a bit too high for her. Then she did "You've Got a Friend", as always.

Then it occurred to me -- the song I'm *always* looking for someone to sing with me: "Baby, It's Cold Outside"! Completely wrong season, of course, but Big Chance. She did it great, and I didn't screw up too much -- it's quite confusing for the guitar player/boy part singer because the chords land in weird places during the girl part but I have to catch those and still sing different stuff while tracking her stuff. Anyway, it made the night for me.


No comments: