Saturday, May 21, 2016

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 21May2016

Well, it's a good thing that I played a few hours in the morning at Dana Point, 'cuz this was pretty much a bust. Maybe it was the weather, or maybe it's that "Graduation Weekend" thing that made the wine bar so empty the night before, but hardly anyone was out.

I got there at 7, coming "late" in hopes that the Fiddle Kid would be done or at least nearly so. And that worked -- the corner was empty, unfortunately both of players and audience. Warren cleverly had gone to the Full Moon Drum Circle instead, so he missed the no-fun.

I did have a few couples and groups stop, briefly -- and I inexplicably sold four CDs. And my little local superfan Natalia came by with her little brother and new baby brother, all crammed into a two-kid stroller. She asked for "Lollipop Tree", which no kids these days have heard. Sometimes kids ask for it by the picture and/or name, but then they're bored 'cuz they don't know it. But Natalia has my CD, and it's her favorite, so it was fun to play it for her.

There was a guy sitting on the bench most of the night with a tiny Pomeranian puppy with a bow in her hair, and people would stop to coo over her. They were almost getting more action than I was -- the guy should have brought a tip jar...

Oh well -- they can't all be great. And summer is a'comin'...

No comments: