Monday, September 10, 2012

Keith at Laguna Beach Art Walk -- 06Sept2012

Since I'd had such a terrible night at the last Art Walk, playing on the street (but not The Corner), I decided to go back to Susie's "Twig" shop this time. We both figured it was going to be slow, since all the tourists have gone home, and we were right.

But I had a nice quiet night, playing for and talking with Susie, and we did have a few groups of nice locals come by. And I had cleverly brought my "Street Rig", which doesn't sound as good, but is *way* easier to set up and tear down.

I played until 8:30 or so, and gave up, mostly so Susie could go on home. On my way past The Corner, I saw that Jim & Warren were still at it, and an empty parking space presented itself, so I pulled in and walked down to see them. They were almost-inaudibly holding forth, with a lithe dancer-lady squirm-dancing to a beat only she could hear, and perpetually bucket-hatted homeless kid Shane (or is it Shawn?), endangering passers-by with his own brand of flailing stumble- (break?) dancing. Crazy scene.

"Mad Patty" was there, too (though she calls herself "Silly Patty"), and I sat with her for a while, as she told me of her Bad Old Days in New York and Austin. Suddenly Jim had to go home, and Warren invited me to step in, but I had to get up early to take Acacia to the bus stop, and then go play at the Mission Viejo Farmer's Market, so I reluctantly declined and went on home.

No comments: