Monday, September 10, 2012

Keith at Mission Viejo Farmer's Market -- 07Sept2012

It was awful hot, and I was pretty tired from playing the night before, but they had brought out an Easy-Up for shade, so it was OK.

Since school has started, mostly what I got was housewives with under-school age kids in strollers -- which is pretty much my core target audience, so that worked out fine. I'm sure the people behind me were wondering why I was playing "Twinkle Twinkle" so much, though.

The layout is such that I'm near the outside of the Market area, playing outwards at some tables that they set up so people can sit and have lunch. Last time, I turned one of the speakers around backwards, so I might be heard back in the booth area. Unfortunately, to be loud enough to be heard throughout the place, the bakery booth that's right behind me gets it pretty loud, and the younger guy kept coming over and spinning the speaker back around.

So this time I spun the *other* speaker around, so it wasn't pointing directly into the bakery booth. That apparently worked, 'cuz even though I was pretty loud (especially after some other booth people came over and flatteringly asked me to turn it *up*), the older bakery guy came over near the end of the day, handed me a grocery bag full of yummy bread, and said, "Thank you for bringing back such good memories!" in his thick German accent.

Which was doubly nice since I had had breakfast at 6:00 so by the 1:00 stop time, I was starving and wolfed into a big chunk of the Apple Cinnamon Bread.

1 comment:

John Johnson said...

"Will sing for food".