Thursday, September 06, 2012

Keith at Private Party -- 02Sept2012

My brother decided to have a Labor Day "Driveway Party", with me as the musical guest. There were 30 or so of his friends there for his pulled pork sandwiches and peach cobbler, and I set up and played for three hours to a very appreciative audience.

It was outdoors, but in a nice quiet place, so the sound was good. Maybe too good -- I had to set the amp's volume so low that I was almost playing acoustic-only. Which is great, except that it leaves the harmony box out. Apparently, the audience could hear it singing along, but I couldn't, and had to wonder whether or not I'd kicked it on or not. And these days, a lot of my songs rely on that "other guy" being there.

Anyway, it was really great to have an actual audience for once -- people who were there on purpose, listening and responding. I'm up for that, anytime.

No comments: