Friday, July 05, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Friday, 05July2013

Most folks had this Friday off since the day before was 4th of July, and the tourists certainly did, so we went down in the afternoon to try our luck.

There was a guy on the ice cream corner already, but he was ready to quit, so we moved in. The problem with afternoons, though, is that there's a 3 hour limit on the parking meters, and you can't even really just go put more money in, 'cuz there's also a "move your car after three hours" law. So we played from 3:00 until 6:00, and had to quit to get our cars on home. (After 7pm, the meters turn off and the rule doesn't apply.)

Anyway, a good turnout, and good tips ($67). We had a young family stop by and listen for a long time. I gave the kids some bubbles of course, and they ran around and/or danced. After a while, they coerced me to play/fake some kids' songs that I don't know like "You Are My Sunshine" and "Old MacDonald".

As they were leaving, the little boy came over to say thank you and goodbye, and I sat down on my curb/stage to listen to him impart some serious advice: " When a little boy and girl come by here, play them a really great song."

I'll have to keep that in mind...

1 comment:

Sharon Elsasser said...

cute, but maybe you already knew that