Tuesday, July 16, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 16July2013

Both corners were occupied when we got there, so we set up in the Hurley Alcove/Cave. I'd brought some battery-powered lanterns to help with the gloom, but after two songs (and before it was completely dark), the Fingerhut Gallery corner opened up, so we moved over there.

Which may have been a mistake. We had almost no response all night, except for a nice lady who stopped short when she realized I was playing her Favorite Song, "Homeward Bound". And since they were stopped, her husband asked for "Sounds of Silence" and then they had to hear "Alison", just because that was their daughter's name.

Their attention and the small flurry of interest that it caused from other passers-by turned out to be just about it for the night. Next time, maybe we ought to stay in the Hurley Cave, and see how that goes.

Though we did have a batch of high-school girls who came by with a plate of cookies that they really wanted us to take some of, even though I pointed out that I can't really sing while I'm eating. In retrospect, I think they may have had an idea to "do something nice for the poor homeless guys downtown". Do I look that scruffy?

2 comments:

John Johnson said...

Nope. They just felt sorry for you because your guitar is so old and scruffy.

Warren Allen said...

...or your sideman is...