Saturday, July 20, 2013

Keith at Chino Marketplace -- Saturday, 20July2013

This was my first time at this one. There had been thunderstorms in the early afternoon, but I went anyway, 'cuz it was clearing up and I never want to be "that flakey musician" that no-shows. Not to mention that I wouldn't'a gotten paid...

It's a nice outdoor mall, but more like Riverside (shops that share a parking lot) than Irvine Spectrum (where all the shops share an interior promenade). Hard to describe. But the bands are meant to set up over in the food court, so at least people have a place to sit, and a reason to, other than me. I just don't get why the property managers always put the live music right by the Giant White Noise Generator (a.k.a. fountain). Every time.

Anyway, I guess the rest of the mall isn't really a Walking Around kinda place, 'cuz two separate couples listened for a while, went off to browse around, and were back listening to me about 20 minutes later. I suppose being the Least Boring Thing is still something.

So, presumably because of the weather, there weren't many people out, but those that did come by were quite generous, and I had a few kids to pass bubbles out to. I'm always nervous about giving out bubbles when there's a fountain nearby -- I'm afraid some kid'll get the bright idea to pour the stuff in. And I'm doubly afraid to tell them, "Don't pour this stuff into the fountain!", for fear of putting the idea into their heads. Fortunately, it hasn't happened so far...




No comments: