Saturday, July 27, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 27July2013

When we got there at 5:00, the Tommies (Tom and his 11-year-old daughter, Tommie) were already on the corner, but not actually playing. "Taking a break", but really just bogarting the space. I guess he realized that they were being uncool to do that, and offered to let us have it until 8:00. I jumped at that offer because it's becoming increasingly clear that playing anywhere else is really a waste of time.

It was kinda slow at first, but got pretty good when the after-dinner crowd started to show up. The weirdest part was getting not one, but two requests for James Taylor's "Country Roads". I almost never get asked for that one at all (usually they want John Denver's "Country Road"), but getting two in one night was astounding.

When 8:00 rolled around, I had one of the yummy Greek "wraps" from the store next to the ice cream shop, and then we rolled our stuff up to the now-closed Hurley store's alcove, but there's no light in there, and nowhere for anyone to sit and listen, so it was a disaster. I think we made four more dollars there (after $56 on The Corner). I guess we know better now...

No comments: