Friday, July 19, 2013

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Friday, 19July2013

It was a pretty quiet Friday -- maybe summer is winding down. (Or maybe I should reconsider wearing my "Laguna Hat" at Spectrum -- it might be a bit too much for stuffy old Irvine.) When I got there, the four comfy chairs had been moved over into the corner, so I waited until they were empty and moved them back over to be pointed at the stage. I was hoping that it would imply that they were "for" people who were listening, not just hanging out. Kinda worked, too.

I only had a few kids, and never enough to get a party started. Some enthusiastic listeners, but mostly pretty quiet.

I did get the chance to try out my remote-controlled iPhone camera, but it turns out to be a bit restrictive that I can't aim it towards the action, since it's affixed to the music stand. On the other hand, I can spin it around and take a selfie...

Towards the end, I had a group show up, and one lady came over and started asking for songs from the list. She just stood there and had me play 5 or 6 songs before her family dragged her off. She listened to each one, and at the end would say, "Brava! Now play..." and demand the next one. It felt like some kind of test or something...

No comments: