Tuesday, October 22, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 22Oct2013

I went down straight from work and had dinner at the yummy gyro place next to the ice cream shop. Digger was on the corner, but his heart wasn't really in it, and he packed up and left before I was done eating.

It seemed like "Couple's Night" somehow -- we had a couple come by for a while, and as soon as they left, another couple came, and after them, another one. And an older guy came by who was a big James Taylor fan, and asked for several songs, and then asked me if I gave lessons. I turned him down 'cuz (a) I don't have time, and (b) I've tried teaching before, and it's too frustrating.

After the tambourine success/fiasco at Spectrum, I broke down and bought some small "shaker eggs" so I could have lots of them available and not have some kids disappointed. I didn't get any kids this time, but there were some young people and the guy was slapping his knees to the song, so I figured he must be a drummer. So I offered the shakers, and his girlfriend wanted one too. They had a great time, and stayed quite a while, playing with them.

But about 9:00 a bunch of the local drunks showed up and were shouting at each other and being way too boisterous, so I decided that I'd just call it a night. I was hoping that they'd notice that bad behavior just causes us to quit, but they probably didn't...




Click 'Play' to hear the "podcast version" (it's really just me ramblin' on about this gig). (3 minutes)

No comments: