Thursday, October 10, 2013

Keith at Tennis Benefit Social -- Thursday, 10Oct2013

The city of Mission Viejo is holding a Wheelchair Tennis Tournament, and they decided to have a "social" for the sponsors and whoever. The guy running it emailed the Assistant City Manager and asked if he ought to have live music. The Manager replied and said that he ought to get that Keith Comer guy, he's "a one man show, not too loud". Wow. Now *there's* a glowing recommendation! I'm gonna have to put that on my business cards.

I was playing on the patio out in front of the "clubhouse" at the new fancy Tennis Center. There were only about 25 people, even at the peak. But apparently my sound carried out over the 8 tennis courts to my left, 'cuz I'd get little rounds of applause from out there occasionally.

Towards the end of the party, they asked me to take a break so they could do some speeches. I unplugged and sat down to noodle on my guitar until they were ready for me to play some more. Some of the people playing night tennis on the courts were going home and walked past me, telling me how much they liked the music. Two ladies asked me to come back *every* Thursday, because they'd "played the best tennis of our lives" because they were "dancing out there". Who knew?




Click 'Play' if you've got 5 minutes to spare listenin' to me ramblin' on about this gig.


No comments: