Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 01Oct2013

It was my birthday, so since my daytime was a usual work day, I wanted to do something fun for the evening. Of course, it was our usual Tuesday night for Laguna anyway, although Warren's on vacation in Italy, so I was solo.

Unfortunately it was really, really dead. But lucky for me, Silly Patty came by even before I got started, and stayed all the way through (she probably felt sorry for me, especially on my birthday, having no one to play for).

But right at first, there were some young families getting ice cream. I had just bought some little toy tambourines, so I walked over to the little girl (maybe 7 or 8 years old) and handed her one, and asked her to help me out on the next song. She gladly came right over and stood on the curb/stage right next to me. There was also a little 4-year-old boy, so I gave him one too, but he just kind of ran off with it. I played "Mister Postman", and the little girl really went for it, shaking the heck out of the tambourine, ignoring any actual rhythm, while her parents took pictures and video with their phones. That was fun, but they took off right after the one song.

Later on a couple came by and cuddled on the bench while I played their two requests, but that was it for the evening -- except for Patty's "private concert". She's heard all my main stuff, so it was actually kind of fun to do some of the lesser-done songs, like "I'll Never Find Another You", "Mister Bojangles", "Love's Been Good to Me", "I Only Have Eyes for You", and "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" for her.

I guess the upside was that although there was almost nobody to play for, there were no drunk rowdies, either...


This blog post. Let me read you it.

No comments: