Tuesday, June 11, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 11June2013

Now that summer is here, even weeknights are pretty good down there, and we get people from all over the world zooming by without stopping, not just locals.

No, actually the tourists are there for the Laguna Experience, and tend to stop. My daughter thinks I should do all "California songs" -- "Hotel California", "California Dreaming", etc. I kind of agree, but draw the line at "California Here I Come".

We had a young family, with a little girl who would dance with abandon while we were playing, and as soon as the song was over, run back to hide behind her mom or the stroller. The parents were talking to her and each other in German, and they stayed a long time, so we assumed they were tourists. But when Warren asked them where they were from, they said, "Oh, we live here!" (but, yes, originally from Germany).

Anyway, we did pretty well ($41), and I sold a surprising 6 CDs. Maybe the tourists are more inclined to buy one to take home? I'll have to print up a whole bunch...


No comments: