Saturday, June 29, 2013

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Saturday, 29June2013

It felt like a pretty normal night at Spectrum, but it was Pretty Darn Good for a Pretty Long While, and turned into a Big Night. I finally broke the two hundred dollar mark -- by one dollar. It's a good thing that I played that One More Request from the pack of supermodel Persian girls -- even though I'd announced (at 11:30) that I was packing it in -- 'cuz their three bucks put me over the line.

Earlier, around nine o'clock, my wife came by with the dogs, and got to witness the huge Kids' Party that I'd started by handing out fingerlights and bubbles. I guess simply *buying* an audience is one strategy...

But I think it was the most people I've ever attracted at that place. It got to where the people who were streaming by were physically impeded by the crowd that had formed. I've never seen that happen before.

Anyway, Big Night, though I don't know exactly why. I think the "good part" may have started earlier than usual, and I guess there was just a lot of people out, with the nice weather. And I played for five and a half hours. None of those features are unique, but apparently, taken together, they added up.

1 comment:

Warren Allen said...

I think you're starting to get the hang of this thang... next stop the Golden Bear...?!