Friday, June 14, 2013

Keith at Long Beach Towne Center -- Friday, 14June2013

This was the last one of the Long Beach gigs that I signed up for, and it'll probably be the Last One, period. It's ridiculous to drive up there for an hour-long set, especially when nobody's there yet at 6:00. Even if I got the "second shift", it's only an hour and a half, from 8-9:30 -- still not worth it.

And this one was particularly screwy, since I got an email 2 days before, telling me that I'd been shifted to 7:00 (with no explanation of why). Not really a problem, but what about the "band changing" gap -- which they seem to think takes an hour? Will I be shorted even further to change out the equipment?

Anyway, it turned out, in one way, to be a good thing I was on later, because traffic was terrible and I'd'a been 20 minutes late if I was supposed to be on at 6:00. But when I finally arrived, I found out why the schedule changed -- they'd double-booked me in the 6:00 shift. And to make it worse, it was the Amateur Hour kids from last time. But I suppose I'd rather have them as my opening act than the other way around...

No comments: