Saturday, March 28, 2015

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 28Mar2015

Since the Long Beach gig was a fiasco, but mercifully over at 8:00, I drove down the coast to Laguna to see if I could salvage any of the night. The Tommies were just packing up, so I started about 9:30, and Warren joined in at 10. It was quite a bit better than the night before -- lots of people stopped, and less of a bum problem, too.

Only problem was my left (chording) hand started to cramp up really bad around 10:30. Every time I'd lay it out straight to do a barre chord, it would freeze that way, and I couldn't bend it for the next chord. I was trying to adjust my chord fingerings to use the next three fingers (since most non-barre chords only need three), but that was tricky to do on the fly while I was also having to, you know, keep singing and all.

Toward the end, a guy I call "Singalong Chris" came by. He really, really appreciates my guitar playing, but mostly because I play songs he likes to sing. And he does. I'm sure he'd love it if I'd just shut up, but it's *my* show.

There were two other guys from "back East" there, and hearing Chris sing, they decided that this was just a big singalong session, and joined in. I guess all we were lacking was a campfire...

No comments: