Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 17Mar2015

I thought that there might be some people out for St. Patrick's Day partying down in Laguna. But I was wrong. A few people came by dressed in green, or with green party hats on, but they were obviously just changing bars, and didn't stop.

Early on, I did have one elderly couple with their son from Liverpool stop and ask for "If I Fell". The harmony on that song is brilliant but non-standard so my harmony box can't do it, so I just do without. But the son apparently performs "back home", so he chimed in on the harmony. That was pretty cool.

And there was a pair of nice high school girls for a while, until their ride showed up. They were replaced by a different pair of nice high school girls, who claimed to not be waiting for a ride, but eventually actually were.

As I was packing up, the Rasta guy from across the street came over to tell me how much he liked my music, and how he liked that I played for "de chill-dren", (last Sunday) and how he wanted to give me a tip because he "respected" my work. I wish I'd had a recorder going 'cuz it all sounded so great in his amazing Jamaican accent.

He also asked if he could sing a song next time, and I told him that I do know "Three Little Birds", so that'll be interesting next Saturday.

But, note to self: Even "party holidays" don't work down there. It didn't work on New Years' Eve, and it didn't work on Saint Patrick's Day. Got it.

No comments: