Tuesday, March 31, 2015

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 31Mar2015

Pretty great! Spring Break makes every day almost like a Saturday. Lots of people to play for, tourists and locals. Lots of small families, which is great for me, with my inventory of kids' songs. And for some reason, it seemed like "Ladies' Night" 'cuz there were lots of groups of partying ladies out, too.

We had people around all night long, with lots of requests. One guy came up and told me that he'd been living in Laguna Beach for 45 years, and we were the best street band he'd ever heard. That was certainly flattering...

We had the ice cream corner, and Rasta Ross stayed on the Fingerhut side, so we only had one homeless guy and his backpack on the bench. I was hoping he'd get bored and move on, but no such luck, and he never did catch on that maybe he could make a little more room on the bench for other people. I shoulda said something, but I'm not that guy. The one-legged (and drunk) guy came by for a while, but he demanded some Pink Floyd and when I told him I don't know any Pink Floyd songs, he got mad, threw me an insult, and stormed off. You just can't please all the people all the time.

No comments: