Sunday, March 22, 2015

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Sunday, 22Mar2015

Now that it's springtime, the Sundays are getting better, and I had a good Sunday last week, so I tried it again. And, surprise!, no Tommies, so I had The Corner all to myself. Of course, on Sundays people don't stay out so late, but I had a great run until 9:30 or so.

A really nice lady was there right at the start, and she stayed a long time and ended up buying a CD. Then a family came by with a little girl so I played "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?", and she just lit up. After that one, she asked if I knew "Elsa's song", which is, of course, "Let It Go", so we did that one, and she came up and sang along.

A young woman heard me talking to local celebrity artist John Cheney about playing someplace "real". She said that she worked at Tortilla Flats and they don't have live music there yet but they intend to, so she took a card and I gave her a CD to give to her boss. These things seldom work out, but it's always worth a try.

A couple came by, slightly tipsy, and it was the woman's 55th birthday. Her husband looked for something appropriate on my list, but we decided that she really just wanted to dance, so I fired up my go-to irresistible dance number, "Mister Postman". Once she was dancing up a storm, other people going by couldn't help but join in and we had us a little dance party for a while.

No comments: